ANSI X12 837P - 2310D (previously 2310E in the 4010) - Supervising Provider Name Loop
The 837 Health Care transaction for professional claims is comprised of loops, segments and data elements. The 2310D (previously 2310E in the 4010) loop is referred to as the Supervising Provider Name Loop. The Supervising Provider Name loop is where you specify the supervising provider. This is required when the rendering provider (2310B) was supervised by a physician.
There are basically two different versions of the 837P transaction. The initial variation referred to as 4010 and the most recent variation referred to as 5010.
We have two examples of the 2310D (previously 2310E in the 4010) Supervising Provider Name Loop below. The first one is for the current 5010 format and the second is for the older 4010 format.
Sample 837P (5010) - 2310D - Supervising Provider Name Loop
- Supervising Provider Name (2310D)
5010 Segment Details
- 837P 5010 - 2310D NM1 - Supervising Provider Name[Situational]
- 837P 5010 - 2310D REF - Supervising Provider Secondary Identification[Situational]
Sample 837P (4010) - 2310E - Supervising Provider Name Loop
- Supervising Provider Name (2310E)
4010 Segment Details
- 837P 4010 - 2310E NM1 - Supervising Provider Name[Situational]
- 837P 4010 - 2310E N2 - Additional Supervising Provider Name Information[Situational]
- 837P 4010 - 2310E REF - Supervising Provider Secondary Identification[Situational]
We hope you found this article informative and helpful! Please let us know if there are any additional questions that you have.
Note: While every effort is made to keep all information up to date and accurate, all content found on Eclaims.com is intended to be a general information resource and is provided "AS IS". The accuracy of the information is in no way guaranteed. Eclaims.com makes no warranty to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content available through the website. Eclaims.com assumes no liability whatsoever for any errors or omissions in any content contained on this website. You are responsible for verifying any information before relying on it.